Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Bunny is NOT my friend

Hey everybody,

First off..Happy Easter!! And if you were feeling guilty about your eggs....DONT!

Check it out: Eggs are GOOD for you --->http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7882850.stm


Also,

I probably should have posted this last night (because I got an oodle of text messages today with fellow CrossFitters screaming for help, saying "the temptation is becoming too much!!") but try to refrain (replace "try to" with "DO!") from turning "a cheat meal" into a "cheat day." Typically there is a downward spiral..... Cheat Meal = Cheat day = Cheat couple of days = Cheat week = just quit.


If you are starting to clean up your nutrition, preforming better, getting RESULTS, why would you want to sacrifice that for something that is literally going to hurt you (physically or mentally (physically being gut irritation, mentally being your love handles becoming less lovely and depression setting in)).


Its best to keep cheat meals portioned and quick. Sometimes the can actually be healthy. I have been able to solve chocolate cravings with protein shakes, sweets with fruits and more! (I will get into that in another post). So far, it sounds like the Easter bunny was kicking everyone in the ass today. I myself am 5 Peeps, 1 marshmallow egg and a Reese's cup into it. As of now....i dont feel good. I feel kind of like a herd of wild, angry, fat rabbits are in my stomach playing rugby. So tomorrow, low carb for me and some readjustments of my insulin levels. BUT! I did have those sweets right after a 5k row and a WOD..so I didnt take too many steps back.


By the way, if you are going to have a cheat meal, pay serious attention to how you "feel" and "act" afterwards for at least an hour or more. You should feel some interesting things you might have brushed off as accusing Taco Bell for not cooking your burrito long enough. NOTE: Taco bell actually does NOT have a kitchen, they have a microwave, in which they reheat your order. Most fast food places actually dont have kitchens. Look for one the next time you are in a fast food hole and ask yourself "do i really want to give someone money to punch me in the stomach?" (replace "punch me in the stomach" with "make me fat!?!" or "give me cancer?" replace "cancer" with "hearth disease" or "diabetes" or "Alzheimer's" etc)


I will be in charge of a few of the classes this upcoming week, SO if you were bad, I will try to provide enough ass-whopping to get some of that stuff out of your system. :)
Take that!! You tasty yellow bastards!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment