Sunday, April 12, 2009

Things get SERIOUS!!


Oh thats right....dont think your eyes are playing tricks on you....that's a scale...and a measuring cup....things just got personal.
Andy keeps threathening me with Fran. Im way out of shape to even get sub 5. I can feel it in my gut (pun intended). How do I know. Well I took my new scale and put it to a test when I got home. I usually buy a 4 piece package of turkey patties. The back of the package says 4 servings, 4 ounces per serving. So I weigh it..1 pattie = 2 ounces. So here is some old SAT math: 4 oz recommended for 16oz day + 1 pattie = 2 ounces +16oz day / 2 = 8oz = Chris under eating.
I dont eat only turkey patties all day, but you get the point. If im off in one meal, I could possibly be off in others. Possibly though becomes probably once I start thinking more about it though.

I thought this might be happening because after finishing my meals I was still hungry. I chopped it up to my stomach adjusting to not eating as much as before. Nope, I actually wasnt eating the correct portions. Which means my protein intake was low, my fat intake on par for what it should have been anyways and my carbs low to normal depending on circumstance (how hard I performed during the WOD, another post on Post Workout Nutrition coming soon, I have to let people catch up first.) This was a harsh realization. Suffering for nothing. Being too high in carbs meant screwing with my insulin, fat storage and other important health factors. Too much fat meant too many calories not properally earned. Too little protein meant little muscle gain or replenishment and jesse getting better times than me. (Keep it up jesse, im coming :)

Well now things get serious.
So here is a familiar way to look at it:
1 diet scale from walmart: $4.97
1 measuring cup from walmart: $1.50
Better health, performance and longevity: PRICELESS.
For those of you who dont know portion sizes yet, here you go:

No comments:

Post a Comment