Tuesday, February 9, 2010

With Holding Information


So as of late I have been accused of holding back tasty information. Something new to me with all of this is that I have come up with my own tricks my own tastes and certain things I add to meals that others would LOVE to know about. Ive been eating this way (85% of the time) for months now. I have made serious efforts to remove things that I know hurt my standards of LPF. The information with holding isnt intentional, it is just something I havent gone over with anyone yet.
Two days into it and some are already complaining of lack of "flavor" or "taste".......seriously?? Its called "spices." If you dont know what they are or how to use them, I dont see you making it through the challenge (sorry). There is a simple fact of when it comes to meat "EVERYTHING taste the SAME." It is only spiced to taste differently. The only difference between KFC and El Pollo Loco is spices. KFC has a "secret recipe" which they have used for years consisting of herbs and spices. EPL has there own (mainly lime). Chicken tastes like chicken. All meat has, pulled from the animal, a bland taste. You have to add spices to make it something special. To many this is a no brainer for others the are lacking the flavor. Food is food. You have to make it special you have to add things too it. As of recently you have just paying other people a lot of money to flavor it for you. How much sense does that make?

Also, try to come up with favorite meals. I was speaking with Brian about this the other night. I have certain bfast/lunch/dinner and snacks I have made that I LOVE. I replicate these meals often and Im usually excited and cant wait to eat them because I know how tasty they are. As Robb said eat Chicken for 1 week, Lamb the 2nd, Beef the 3rd, Buffalo the 4th and then cycle again, basically making it a month until you eat chicken again. Didnt sound like a bad idear.

So the things I have been with holding mainly involve condiments and information about protein powder. As far as condiments go Im a outspoken addict for ranch dressing. It was one of my things I didnt want to give up. When I use it I use Drews Ranch because it has all natural ingredients. I mainly try to use something else like CLASSICO instead of the ranch, especially when Im getting closer to or know of workouts that I need to be best for. For ketchup, Annies Natural ketchup is amazing and I like it more than than Heinz. Again, all natural and also gluten free. Whats wrong with both of these; Price and Volume. They are both more expensive and contain less volume than Hidden Valley and Heinz. But that should tell you something about the product; HV and H can make it cheaper and there for sell it cheaper because of the quality. If anyone else has more ideas or products or even products that they would like to look into let me know.
OH!!! ALso, butter....if you are gonna use it the running recommendation right now is KerryGold (I use unsalted, I liked the taste more) Its a great butter you can put on anything really. It comes from New Zealand or something (so its like $4) but comes from Real cows that are free range and grass fed. Bang!!

Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Chris what's up, I had a quick question. When you go grocery shopping do you usually shop every day, weekly, bi-weekly or what. I know for me it seems like I have to run to the store everyday because I always forget something that I wanna make. Thanks

    Phil Boscarino
    pbosc001@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!
    First off: quick freaking response!!
    Second: It depends. Best thing to do is make a list, that should by you some time. Also make a budget, it helps so you dont over spend. I like the store and food shopping so I fill up on what I need. A downfall for me is that my paychecks are all over the place so sometimes I have to buy a few things and go back for more. I try to not spend more than $60 a week and I buy mostly meat. I havent hit up Costco but I heard they are calling it the Costco Diet where you can buy a lot for less so its something Im going to look into. It happens though, frequently running to the store. As you get better at this style of eating you will get better at shopping, give it time my boy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, just a heads up, the butter is only 1.99 at Trader joes. No reason to spend twice as much somewhere else :)

    ReplyDelete